About the She Means Business Incubator
The She Means Business Incubator (SMBI) is a digital incubator that helps underrepresented women founders develop viable businesses that aid their communities’ economic development. SMBI was founded in 2019 and will be welcoming it’s 3rd Cohort in May 2021. We are looking for energetic Trainers to join our delivery team and provide a quality experience for program participants.
What does an SMBI Trainer do?
SMBI Trainer are key members of the SMBI Delivery Team. Trainers are skilled professionals that serve as liaisons between the SMBI program and participants. Specifically, trainers are responsible for:
- Facilitates a weekly learning/accountability pods (4-5 participants per group, 1 hr)
- Dedicates at least two (2) hours per week to hosting office hours to answer questions, offer feedback, and provide additional resources to SMBI participants. Every week, you’ll make 1-2 hours available to engage with cohort participants by answering their questions, providing feedback on their community posts, and connecting them with resources inside of SMBI and elsewhere (outside sources must be pre-approved by SMBI staff).
- Participates in a bi-weekly SMBI Trainer Meeting facilitated by either the Program Director or Program Manager. Attending these meetings will allow you to join with other trainers and discuss your experience as a SMBI Trainer & provide feedback to the professional learning community.
What do we look for in an exceptional trainer?
- Excellent communication skills
- Outgoing & energetic personality
- Able to troubleshoot and work in a fast-paced role
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Knowledge of Business & Entrepreneurship
- Inspired Intrapreneur willing to help grow the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Professional Experience in Marketing, Product Development, Business Coaching, Education, Tech Startups, Accounting
- Available most weeknights (during an active cohort, trainers will be expected to work at least three (3) days per week, typically between 5:30pm-8pm EST)
- Working with a fun & creative company
- Remote P/T Work (4 hours per week, 8 weeks in total) Monday-Friday
- The ability to establish yourself as an EXPERT on the topics you coach/teach on! Our program participants will recognize you as a go-to source for your expertise.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will be reviewed in the order they are received. Due to a large volume of submissions, we will only contact eligible candidates.
Additional info: This position is specifically for individuals we are interested in working as an intrapreneur within a growing organization. This is not a full-time permanent position nor is it an opportunity for the self-promotion of a small business or consultation service. We are looking for dedicated professionals who are interested in creating an additional income stream while furthering their business development skills. This position is a contracted 1099 position with a 2-month commitment beginning in May 2021. Highly effective trainers will be kept onboard for future program rollouts.